Welcome to go-ipad.org
June 28, 2017, 07:25:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is your favorite PKU friendly place to eat?  (Read 29087 times)
Go-IPad Admin
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2009, 01:53:59 AM »

I have to admit, my daughters favorite place to eat is Chuck-a-Rama! She doesn't really eat that much variety when we go there, but her eyes light up at the very mention of it. Once when we went, there were not any french fries. This is a big deal for her, because the only thing she likes more than french fries is ketchup! One of the workers overheard me telling my daughter that they didn't have fries, and he went straight to the kitchen and made her a batch. It was really cool of them to do!

What places have you found to be helpful and what do you order?
st97

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 10:50:01 AM »

Surprisingly, we really like the California Pizza Kitchen. They have an appetizer called Checca (I think that is spelled correctly) that is diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, and oil. They serve it with bread that has cheese on it, so we bring low protein bread from home. But one of the kid's meal options is a green salad with goldfish crackers on top, a soda, and a side of fruit. I hear the adult salads are also really good, but I haven't looked into the PHE content of those.
st97

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 05:28:08 PM »

We tried the Chuck-a-rama suggestion last night, and had a blast! My son started off with a salad, applesauce, canned peaches and pears, and a red "slurpee." Then moved on to butternut squash, french fries, green jell-o (the sugar free varieties were all clearly marked, so there was no confusion with that) and a green "slurpee." Then he topped it all off with a rice kripsy treat and some berries. There was a potato/carrot mixture that might be PKU friendly. We avoided it this time, because I'm never sure if they use chicken broth, or something. If he is interested next time, I will ask about it. Thanks for the tip!
Go-IPad Admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 11:18:42 AM »

Glad you liked it! All of our kids love the slushees. I guess that is where our next big party will be.
st97

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 11:34:03 PM »

Another good PKU friendly restaurant that we just found... The Old Spaghetti Factory. There is one located in Trolley Square and one located just off of I-215 and Redwood Road. They have a side of spaghetti squash and marinara sauce, or gluten free noodles (I am not sure of the PHE in these, so we went with the squash). But a kids meal is served with applesauce or a salad, and you can get a dairy free popsicle instead of icecream.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: